Click on this link to view the information:
To be eligible for concurrent admission, a high school student must have participated in the ACT/PreACT and meet one of the following requirements:
EOSC Requirements: ACT/PreACT Composite score of 19 OR 3.00 GPA
SOSU Requirements: ACT Composite score of 20 OR 3.00 GPA & top 50% class rank
Concurrent Enrollment Procedure for Summer and Fall 2020: OPENS MAY 4, 2020
(compliant with OSRHE policies for COVID-19) Admission will be conducted by email only
1. parent of student emails the school counselor giving their student permission to enroll in concurrent courses and how many (based on student's 4 year plan).
2. School counselor sends Claudia Bacon-Tonihka and the student's parent an email verifying that student has met criteria to enroll and how many courses they can enroll in.
3. Julie Jefferson will verify enrollment for EOSC courses, and Kendra Gross will verify enrollment in SOSU courses. Kendra and/or Julie will email student's parent and school counselor the course(s) the student is enrolled in specifying Summer and/or Fall term.
For admission questions, email Claudia Bacon-Tonihka at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view course offerings offered at SOSU-MCC:
A new Concurrent Student Permission Form is required each semester of concurrent enrollment. To be eligible for preenrollment, concurrent students who are currently enrolled must provide this form for the requested semester of enrollment, a current high school transcript, ACT score report, and class schedule. If the concurrent student fails to maintain a 2.00 GPA for the enrolled semester, they will no longer be eligible for concurrent enrollment and their preenrollment for the next semester as a concurrent student will be canceled.
- High School Seniors: Qualified Oklahoma high school seniors are eligible for a tuition waiver for up to 18 credit hours total, including the summer term after their junior year, as well as the fall and spring semesters of their senior year.
- High School Juniors: Qualified Oklahoma high school juniors are eligible for a tuition waiver for up to three (3) credit hours per semester, during the fall and spring semesters of their junior year.
- Students are responsible for fees, books and other supplies required for a specific course.
- Southeastern offers a tuition waiver for up to 18 credit hours per school year (summer through spring) to high school seniors who are Oklahoma residents. University fees, along with books or other course materials, remain the responsibility of the student.
- Additionally, Southeastern offers a tuition waiver for up to 9 credit hours per school year (summer through spring) to high school juniors who are Oklahoma residents. University fees, along with books or other course materials, remain the responsibility of the student.
If your student has a Choctaw CDIB card, contact Choctaw Nation Higher Education and Grant Program for financial assistance at https://www.choctawnation.com/higher-education-0, before October 1 for the Fall semester and March 1 for the Spring semester. To contact the Choctaw Nation Higher Education office, call (580) 924-8280, extension 2518.