Quick Links
Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Junior/Senior Counselor

Mrs. Candi Trent


Ajax Loading Image


If you have any questions or need any assistance, please email me at ctrent@bbisd.org or ctrentcounselor@gmail.com


*Information released on the school website regarding graduation:

Tentative Class of 2020 Graduation Plans (UPDATED 4/29/2020)

  • Thursday, June 11: Baccalaureate Service 7:00 p.m. Jinkins Auditorium (All seniors are encouraged to attend)
  • Friday, June 12: Senior Graduation practice 9:00 a.m. Memorial Stadium (All seniors participating in graduation MUST attend)
  • Saturday, June 13: Class of 2020 Commencement 8:00 p.m. Memorial Stadium

It is IMPORTANT to remember that these plans are contingent on future information we receive regarding social distancing guidance from state and federal governments.


**All scholarships that you have received (even from colleges that you don’t plan to attend), must be emailed to Mrs. Trent to be included in the Senior Awards/Scholarship List that will be published in the local newspapers and on the school website.  Deadline to submit this information is May 15, 2020.


*If you are an OHLAP (Oklahoma’s Promise) student, and you have an incomplete file with Oklahoma’s Promise (OHLAP), you must complete it before May 7, 2020, or you will not receive funding.  Email OK Promise @ okpromise@osrhe.edu to find out what else you need to send to them to complete your file.  Also, their phone number is 1-800-858-1840.  In order to receive your Oklahoma’s Promise (OHLAP), you simply need to notify the financial aid office of the college you plan to attend.  I will automatically send Oklahoma’s Promise a copy of your transcript after you graduate.  They will check your transcript and notify you over the summer to verify that you have met the requirements.


*Email Mrs. Holmes for transcripts @ csholmes@bbisd.org.  If you have already written a college name on her clipboard (before COVID-19), she will automatically mail an updated transcript after you graduate.


*local scholarship still open if you would like to apply:


Broken Bow Education Foundation Scholarship


April 6

Extended to June 1

To apply, you must have a Gmail address to use to login to the online application athttps://forms.gle/AA9QWMUuuhPoDPaG7

This scholarship is available for Seniors at Broken Bow High School in Broken Bow, OK ONLY!  Please go to the following google form to submit your application.  You need two letters of recommendation and an official copy of your transcript to upload to the form.


*College reminders:

  1. Complete your FAFSA application online. 
  2. Contact your college to apply for housing and meal plan
  3. Contact your college to enroll in classes
  4. Contact the financial aid office at your college to get a cost analysis


*If you belong to a tribe other than Choctaw, contact that tribe for possible scholarships. 


*Seniors: If you plan to take college classes at EOSC/SOSU in Idabel, summer and fall enrollment is open.  You will not need concurrent paperwork from Mrs. Trent.  You will only need a copy of your current transcript to enroll.  Email Mrs. Holmes for your transcript @ csholmes@bbisd.org.


*If you plan to take college classes this summer and need financial aid, you need to contact the college’s financial aid department ASAP to complete paperwork.  Oklahoma’s Promise can’t be used during the summer following your senior year.


*If you are Choctaw, Mrs. Gena Fowler with Choctaw Nation Career Development can assist you with the following: Career Guidance Services, Assessment Testing, Academic Remediation, and Financial Assistance for Quality Training, Career Readiness, Employment services. Her number is 580-236-1019. You can also find more information at www.choctawcareers.com


*If you are expecting to get assistance through an American Indian tribe, make sure you have a CDIB card AND a tribal membership card.


*If you have a physical, mental, or visual disorder/diagnosis/disability, contact the Vocational Rehabilitation office in Idabel at (580)286-3389 to set up an appointment and obtain the paperwork.  They have resources to help you with college expenses, and/or help with getting a job.


*If you are looking for a job, go to Idabel Workforce Center at 2102 SE Washington, Suite B & C, Idabel, OK, Monday - Friday  8:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Telephone: (580) 286-6667


*Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program-The Veterans’ Benefits Administration offers a variety of benefits and services to spouses, children, and parents of Service members and Veterans who are deceased or totally and permanently disabled by a service-connected disability. For more information go to https://www.va.gov/opa/persona/dependent_survivor.asp

Candi Trent image
Phone: (580) 584-3365 Email: Candi Trent or ctrentcounselor@gmail.com Broken Bow High School