Parent Right to Know
Dear Parents and Guardians:
In accordance with Parents Right-to-Know requirement under Every Student Succeeds Act - ESSA, Section1112 (e)(1)(A) this is a notification from Broken Bow Public Schools to every parent/guardian of a student in a Title I school that you have the right to request and receive in a timely manner:
- information regarding the professional qualifications of your student’s classroom teachers. The information regarding the professional qualifications of your student’s classroom teachers shall include the following:
- If the teacher has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade level and subject areas taught;
- If the teacher is teaching under emergency or temporary status in which the state qualifications and licensing criteria are waived;
- The teachers baccalaureate degree major, graduate certification, and field of discipline; and
Whether the student is provided services by paraprofessionals, and if so, their qualifications.
[ESSA, Section 1112(e)(1)(A)(i)-(ii)]
- information regarding any State or local educational agency policy regarding student participation in any assessments mandated by section 1111(b)(2) and by the State or local educational agency, which shall include a policy, procedure, or parental right to opt the child out of such assessment, where applicable.
[ESSA, Section 1112(e)(2)(A)]
- upon request, parents of an English learner may:
- have the child immediately removed from an English Learner (EL) program; [ESSA 1112(e)(3)(A)(viii)(i)]
- decline the child’s enrollment in an EL program, or choose another program or method of instruction, if available; [ESSA, Section 1112(e)(3)(A)(viii)(ii)]
- receive assistance in selecting among various programs and methods of instruction, if more than 1 program or method is offered by the eligible entity. [ESSA 1112(e)(3)(A)(viii)(iii)]
- In addition to the above information you will be notified if your student has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who does not meet the applicable state certification for licensure requirements at the grade level and subject area in which the teacher has been assigned.
[ESSA, Section 1112(e)(1)(B)(ii)]
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your building site principal.