December 2010 School Board Agenda
DECEMBER 13, 2010
The Board of Education of Independent School District No 74 will meet in regular session at 7:15 p.m. on December 13, 2010 in the Board Room, Board of Education Building, Broken Bow Public Schools, 108 West 5th Street, Broken Bow, Oklahoma.
Note: The Broken Bow School District Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1. Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Open Discussion
4. Superintendent's Report
5. Principal's Report
6. Consent Agenda:
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature, normally approved at at board meeting, will be approved by one board vote, unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items.
a. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting on November 8, 2010.
b. Approval of the financial reports.
c. Approval of the expenditures and encumbrances of all funds:
Activity Funds --PO#1532 to PO#1668
General Funds --PO#2385to PO#2448
d. Approval of the Basketball Schedules for the 2010-2011 school year.
e. Approval of the Schedule of Regular Board Meetings for the calendar year of 2011.
f. Approval of the contract with People Plus, Inc. (alcohol and drug testing services). Contract will begin January 1, 2011 and run through December 31, 2011.
g. Approval of the following fund raisers:
H.S. Baseball Raffle Expenses
H.S. Art Club Candy Grams Field Trip
H.S. Art Club Bake Sales Field Trip
h. Approval to adopt the following revised OSSBA policies to the Broken Bow Board of Education Policy Book:
CDA - MANAGEMENT AND INVESTMENT OF FUNDS
CHC - BIDS AND QUOTATIONS
CHC-R - BIDS AND QUOTATIONS (REGULATIONS)
DABB - RECORDS INVESTIGATION
DABB - E2 - APPLICATION FOR CRIMINAL HISTORY RECORD SEARCH
DEC-R5 - JURY DUTY SERVICE AND WITNESS LEAVE (REGULATIONS)
DPB - SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
EHAK - PHYSICAL EDUCATION
EHDF - ONLINE INSTRUCTION
GK-R1 - USE OF SCHOOL PROPERTY (REGULATIONS)
i. Approval to adopt the following new OSSBA policies to the Broken Bow Board of Education Policy Book.
CA - EXPENDITURE OF DISTRICT FUNDS
DABB-E1 - RECORDS INVESTIGATION (CONSENT)
DABB-E3 - TEMPORARY CONTRACT, NOTICE OF LIMITED EMPLOYMENT
DABB-E4 - AUTHORIZATION AND RELEASE
DABB-P - FELONY RECORDS SEARCH PROCEDURES
EHBF - HOMEBOUND INSTRUCTION
EHBF-R - HOMEBOUND INSTRUCTION (REGULATIONS)
j. Approval to rent Jinkins Auditorium to Wendy Holmes, Stepping Out School of Dance, on December 18, 2010.
7. Discussion and possible action to declare 170 football jerseys surplus property and to direct sale for fair market value.
8. Discussion and possible action to approve or disapprove of the proposed high school student organization, The 30%, student led meetings, to hold meetings after school in the Ag building every Wednesday and Thursday from 3:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m..
9. Discussion and possible action to approve or not approve of the out of state trip for the High School Debate team to travel to Boston, MA on February 17-21, 2011. They will be taking school transportation to DFW and then flying on to Boston.
10. Vote to convene or not convene into executive session to discuss litigation, real estate, negotiations, personnel matters, hirings, resignations, and emergency transfers pursuant to 25 O.S. Section 307 (B) (1).
Acknowledge the return to open session
Statement of executive session
11. Vote to accept or not accept the resignation of Tammy Gant, Bennett Cafeteria, effective December 17th 2010.
13. New Business
The above notice was posted at the main entrance to the Board of Education Building, Broken Bow Public Schools, 108 West 5th Street, Broken Bow, Oklahoma, at 3:00 p.m. on the 10th of December, 2010.
Minutes Clerk, Gail Hopson