November 2010 School Board Agenda
November 8, 2010
The Board of Education of Independent School District No 74 will meet in regular session at 7:00 p.m. on November 8, 2010 in the Board Room, Board of Education Building, Broken Bow Public Schools, 108 West 5th Street, Broken Bow, Oklahoma.
Note: The Broken Bow School District Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1. Call to Order /Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Jack H. Jenkins, C.P.A., to present exit audit for the 2009-2010 fiscal year.
4. Open Discussion:
Fara Jordan- request to organize a Bible Study group.
5. Superintendent’s Report
6. Principal’s Report
7. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature, normally approved at a board meeting, will be approved by one board vote, unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items.
a. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting on October 11, 2010.
b. Approval of the financial reports.
c. Approval of the expenditures and encumbrances of all funds:
Activity Funds – PO# 1391 to PO# 1523
General Funds – PO# 2356 to PO# 2384
d. Approval to adopt the following OSSBA policies as Broken Bow Board of Education policies:
1. CONCUSSIONS AND HEAD INJURIES (FFAEA)
2. CONCUSSION AND HEAD INJURY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND
INFORMATION SHEET (FFAEA-E)
3. REVOCATION FOR CONSENT FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES
f. Approval of the Call of Resolution of the Board of Education to the County Election Board for Seat #1.
g. Approval of the following fund raisers:
AILYC Indian Taco Sale Expenses
Bennett Coke Sucker Sales Expenses
Bennett Winter Festival Supplies
h. Approval to transfer funds from the Spirit Booster Account to the Cheerleaders Account to pay for warm ups.
j. Approval to renew the maintenance contract with Miller Office Equipment through October 31, 2011.
8. Vote to convene or not to convene into executive session to discuss litigation, real estate, negotiations, personnel matters, hirings, resignations and emergency transfers pursuant to 25 O.S. Section
307 (B) (1, 2, 3, 4).
Statement of executive session
9. Vote to accept the resignation of Jenifer McCain, effective November 8th, 2010.
10. Vote to accept the resignation of Kerra Freeman, Dierks Elementary Cafeteria, effective November 2, 2010.
11. Vote to accept the resignation of Teresa Peace, Bennett Elementary Cafeteria, effective November 2, 2010.
12. Vote to hire Jennifer McBrayer as Encumbrance Clerk and Activity Fund Custodian for the remaining 2010-2011 school year.
13. Vote to hire Charles W. Battles Jr. as Assistant High School Baseball Coach, effective January, 2011.
14. Vote to hire Misty Turk and Tiffany Compton to work in the Dierks Elementary Cafeteria, effective immediately, for the 2010-2011 school year.
16. New Busines
17. Vote to adjourn
The above notice was posted at the main entrance to the Board of Education
Building, Broken Bow Public Schools, 108 West 5th Street, Broken Bow, Oklahoma, at 3:00 p.m. on the 5th of November, 2010.
Gail Hopson – Minutes Clerk