September 2010 School Board Agenda
September 13, 2010
The Board of Education of Independent School District No 74 will meet in regular session at 7:00 p.m. on September 13, 2010 at the Board Room, Board of Education Building, Broken Bow Public Schools, 108 West 5th Street, Broken Bow, Oklahoma.
Note: The Broken Bow School District Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1. Call to Order /Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Open Discussion
4. Superintendent’s Report
5. Principal’s Report
6. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature, normally approved at a board meeting, will be approved by one board vote, unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items.
a. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting on August 2, 2010.
b. Approval of the minutes of the special meeting on August 5, 2010.
c. Approval of the financial reports.
d. Approval of the expenditures and encumbrances of all funds:
Activity Funds – PO# 1002 to PO# 1222
Child Nutrition Funds – PO# 25 to PO# 27
General Funds – PO# 2021 to PO# 2315
Building Bond Funds – PO# 1 to PO# 5
e. Approval of the Estimate of Needs for the 2010-2011 school year.
f. Approval of the Interagency Memorandum of Understanding for Preschool Services agreement between the District and Choctaw Nation Head Start for the period of August 2010 to August 2012.
g. Approval of the Memorandum of Understanding for Disability Services between the District and the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Head Start Program for the period of August 1, 2010 to July 31, 2011.
h. Approval for the High School Students who complete the courses listed, to receive a weighed (5 point) credit. These Classes will be taught at Kiamichi Technology Center in Idabel as part of the Pre-Engineering Program by Ricky Alford: Pre-AP Physics, Honors Algebra 2, Pre-AP Calculus, and AP Calculus.
i. Approval of the new teacher evaluation document for the District.
j. Approval of the contract with Newcomb Associates Architects & Engineers, Inc for the school year 2010.
k. Approval of the attached list of Teachers for the Sick Leave Bank.
l. Approval of the following fund raisers:
HS BPA CANDY BAR SALES EXPENSES
HS BPA DATA MATCH EXPENSES
HS DEBATE SUCKER SALES EXPENSES
FFA MEAT & COOKIE SALES EXPENSES
FFA SAVAGE HOODIE SALE EXPENSES
AILYC SAVAGE CAR MAGNETS SALES EXPENSES
AILYC SAVAGE LOGO T-SHIRTS SALES EXPENSES
HS ART CLUB CANDLES & SCENTSY REFILLS FIELD TRIPS
HS ART CLUB FACE PAINTING @ HOME GAMES FIELD TRIPS
SOFTBALL T-SHIRTS, BLANKETS, BACKPACKS EXPENSES
& HOODIE SALES
HS YEARBOOK MISS BROKEN BOW YEARBOOK
HS CHEERLEADERS SELL SAVAGE SPIRIT ITEMS EXPENSES
& DANCE TEAM
MS CHEERLEADERS VALENTINE’S DANCE EXPENSES
MS CHEERLEADERS SELL SAVAGE SPIRIT ITEMS EXPENSES
MS BOOK CLUB SELL CANDY BARS, CHIPS, ETC. TRIPS
MS BOOK CLUB 4 DANCES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR TRIPS
MS BOOK CLUB FALL & SPRING FLOWER SALE TRIPS
m. Approval for the Sports Complex to purchase gift cards/gifts for student awards and community donors as deemed for the 2010-2011 school year.
n. Approval for the High School Coke activity fund to purchase gifts/gift cards for students and flowers for staff for the 2010-2011 school year.
o. Approval for the Middle School Coke activity fund to purchase gifts/gift cards for student awards and/or flowers for staff for the 2010-2011 school year.
p. Approval for the FFA to travel to Ft. Smith, AR for the State Fair livestock show on Sept. 24, 25, 26, 2010.
q. Approval to name two of our metal buildings as surplus and put them up for bid.
r. Approve/not approve to bond the following Financial Officer for the amount of $100,000 for the 2010-2011 school year.
Jennifer McBrayer Asst. Encumbrance Clerk / Asst. Activity Fund Custodian
s. Approve / not approve to bond the following Financial Officers for the amount of $5,000 per person for the 2010-2011 school year.
Chris Jordan Secretary
7. Vote to convene or not to convene into executive session to discuss litigation, real estate, negotiations, personnel matters, hirings, resignations and emergency transfers pursuant to 25 O.S. Section
307 (B) (1, 2, 3, 4).
a. Emergency Transfers
d. Personnel Matters
Statement of executive session as read by __________________.
8. Vote to approve /not approve the emergency transfers for the 2010-2011 school year. List is attached .
9. Vote to approve/not approve the resignation of Mr. Phillip Rowell, Middle School Paraprofessional and Bus Driver, effective September 30th, 2010. (Retiring)
10. Vote to approve/not approve the resignation of Ms. Jeanine McGee, High School Secretary, effective September 3, 2010.
11. Vote to approve/not approve to re-designate Jennifer McBrayer as Assistant Encumbrance Clerk and Assistant Activity Fund Custodian for the 2010-2011 school year.
12. Vote to approve/not approve to re-designate Chris Jordan as High School Secretary for the remainder of the 2010-2011 school year.
13. Vote to approve/not approve to re-designate Carla Holmes as High School Assistant Librarian, for the remainder of the 2010-2011 school year.
14. Vote to approve/not approve to employ Michelle Westbrook as High School Secretary for the remainder of the 2010-2011 school year.
15. Vote to approve/not approve to employ Wanda Burwell as Middle School Reading Specialist for 4 periods per day for the 2010-2011 school year.
16. Vote to approve/not approve to employ Krystal Metcalf as Dierks Elementary Secretary for the 2010-2011 school year.
17. Vote to approve/not approve to renew the contract with April Hurst, Physical Therapy for the 2010-2011 school year.
18. Vote to approve/not approve to renew the contract with Andrea Gillem, Speech Language Pathology Services, for the 2010-2011 school year.
19. Vote to approve/not approve to renew the contract with Sendi Raney, Occupational Therapy Services, for the 2010-2011 school year.
21. New Business
22. Vote to adjourn
The above notice was posted at the main entrance to the Board of Education
Building, Broken Bow Public Schools, 108 West 5th Street, Broken Bow, Oklahoma, at 12:00 p.m. on the 10th of August, 2010.
Gail Hopson – Minutes Clerk