STATE TESTING INFORMATION
Who will be tested?
• All students
What is being tested?
• Grade 6 Mathematics and Reading
• Grade 7 Mathematics, Reading, Geography
• Grade 8 Mathematics, Reading, Science, Social Studies, Writing
How can parents help their children do well?
• Encourage your child to take responsibility for homework and class study.
• Praise your child for work well done.
• Be aware of test dates; schedule appointments on non-testing dates.
• Gather available test preparation materials.
• Review practice materials with your child ahead of time.
• See that your child is rested and eats breakfast.
• See that your child arrives at school on time and is relaxed.
• Encourage your child to do the best work possible.
• Make sure your child attends school every day.
Where do I find more information?
• Your child’s teacher and school counselor
• The Parent Guide distributed one week prior to testing
Rector Johnson Middle School State Testing Dates
|Grade 6||Grade 7||Grade 8|
|Mathematics and Reading||Mathematics, Reading and Geography||Writing: Reading, Mathematics, Science and U.S. History|