BENNETT SEQUOYAH READING PROGRAM
- Program begins August 13, 2015 & ends March 11, 2016
- There are 15 books on this year's Sequoyah Reading list. ALL GRADE LEVELS must read ALL 15 books and test with a 60% or higher pass rate.
- ONLY THREE books may be read aloud in class, wither by teacher or by audio (CD)
- ONLY THREE books may be failed and retaken. Failed tests may only be retaken one time. Students MUST wait ONE WEEK before retaking a test!
- Students are NOT allowed to read books to other students while at school.
- NO STUDENT is allowed to read any test to other students.
- All tests must be taken here at school (no exceptions), and must be taken in the classroom (NOT THE LIBRARY). All tests must be taken my March 11th (no exceptions).
- If any or all the books chosen to be read aloud are above the student(s) reading level then the test MUST be read to the student(s). The teacher is the ONLY one allowed to read the test to the student(s).
- For students with IEP's:
- Read test questions to students and eliminate one wrong choice.
- Please use the Sequoyah Score Sheet to record your student's scores. Record failing grades so that you are able to keep track of how many books have been failed and how many retakes (remember only 3 books can be failed and retaken and only retaken once). DO NOT RECORD SCORES UNTIL YOU, THE TEACHER, HAVE CONFIRMED THE GRADE. Please include the date and your initials. This score sheet will be used as verification for each student. Notify the office as SOON as student completes all the tests by sending a copy of the student score sheet to the office.