BROKEN BOW BOARD OF EDUCATION AGENDA, - SPECIAL MEETING - JUNE 23, 2011
June 23, 2011
The Board of Education of Independent School District No 74 will meet in special session at 12:00 p.m. on June 23, 2011 in the Board Room, Board of Education Building, Broken Bow Public Schools, 108 West 5th Street, Broken Bow, Oklahoma.
Note: The Broken Bow School District Board of Education may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, or decide not to vote on any item on this agenda.
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Discussion – Middle School Book Club
5. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern reports and items of a routine nature, normally approved at a board meeting, will be approved by one board vote, unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items.
a. Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting on June 13, 2011.
b. Approval of all encumbrances and expenditures of all funds:
General Funds PO# 2793-2801 / Activity Funds PO# 2198 - 2204
c. Approval of the Basic Legal Services Program Agreement, between, The Center for Education Law Inc. and Broken Bow Public Schools for the 2011-2012 fiscal year.
d. Approval to renew the membership with the Oklahoma State School Boards Association
for the 2011-2012 fiscal year.
e. Approval to renew the contract between Oklahoma School Insurance Group (OSIG),
and Broken Bow School District for property and vehicle coverage, for the 2011-2012 school year.
f. Approval to renew the contract with J & J Educational Services to work with the districts
Impact Aid Program for the 2011-2012 school year.
g. Approval for the Broken Bow Board of Education to support the resolution of the OSSBA and CCOSA regarding education funding priorities for 2011-2012. (See attached)
h. Approval to purchase a subscription of the LIP Service, an OSSBA monthly legal information newsletter, for one (1) year at the membership price of $15.00.
i. Approval to transfer funds for the following:
$1000.00 from #968 (High School Coke) to #852 (Awards & Banquets) for the purchase of risers for the auditorium.
$1800 from #801 (Football) to #813 (Golf) a shared fundraiser.
6. Vote to convene or not to convene into executive session to discuss litigation, real estate, negotiations, personnel matters, hirings, resignations and emergency transfers pursuant to 25 O.S. Section 307 (B) (1).
Discuss the following:
A. Emergency Transfers
D. Real Estate
Acknowledge the return to open session
Statement of executive session
7. Vote to approve/not approve of the following emergency transfers for the 2011-2012 school year. (See schedule 7A)
8. Vote to accept /not accept the resignation of Mr. Kyp Matlock, Athletic Coach and Middle School Social Studies Teacher, effective May 25, 2011.
9. Vote to approve/ not approve the hiring of a Summer Drivers Education Teacher for 2010-2011.
10. Vote to approve/ not approve the hiring of a 6th Grade English Teacher for the 2011-
2012 school year.
11. Vote to approve / not approve the hiring of a 8th Grade Social Studies Teacher for the
2011-2012 school year.
12. Vote to approve / not approve the hiring of a Middle School Special Education Teacher
for the 2011-2012 school year.
13. Vote to approve / not approve the hiring of a Bennett Special Education Teacher for the
2011-2012 school year.
14. Vote to Adjourn.
The above notice was posted at the main entrance to the Board of Education Building, Broken Bow Public Schools, 108 West 5th Street, Broken Bow, Oklahoma, at 10:00 a.m. on June 22, 2011.
Gail Hopson – Minutes Clerk